Today’s Enterprise Architects (EAs) must do more than simply define and enforce technology standards. Vanguard EAs are now focused on driving innovation and driving business-outcomes. EAs who don’t adapt risk being marginalized to foundational tasks. By adopting Integrated IT Portfolio Management capabilities, EAs can position themselves as IT and business digitalization leaders.
Top down vs
1. Lack of alignment between complex IT environments and business strategy.
2. IT domain silos inhibit transparency across operational and discretionary spend.
3. Difficulty analyzing investment alternatives and identifying initiatives to drive business performance.
4. Sluggish rate of business and IT transformation.
5. Lack of systems to measure the performance of IT assets and initiatives.
1. Connecting projects and associated IT assets with business capabilities reveals a dynamic blueprint of your entire IT environment, providing a framework to align IT investments with business strategy.
2. With financial transparency from a dynamic model, EAs can transcend the traditional tech-centric view to truly understand the cost, risk and ROI of each IT asset.
3. Powerful analytics deliver key performance indicators, encouraging business partner collaboration to identify initiatives to drive improved results.
4. Transformation roadmaps enable EAs to gauge the cross portfolio impact of proposed investments and visualize future-state architecture.
Increase ROI from project portfolios
Driving business outcomes
1. Visibility across all demand identifies redundant projects, ensuring all proposed initiatives align with architectural standards.
2. Standardized portfolio selection processes help streamline capital planning, maximizing resource utilization.
3. Automated status reporting tracks project performance, delivering insights needed to dynamically reallocate funds across the portfolio to maximize ROI.
4. Robust benefits realization framework identifies investments that fail to align to enterprise strategy, driving accountability and continuous improvement.