UMT360 helps IT leaders integrate financial controls across the entire portfolio lifecycle. With a clear roadmap of all proposed initiatives to help gauge the impact of initiatives across all domains, the quality of all IT demand is enhanced.
Increase Quality of IT Demand With Top Down Investment Approach
Do you have an innovation problem? Traditional annual planning techniques that consolidate and assess project requests against strategy can result in redundancy and lower-quality IT demand. To generate higher quality IT demand, organizations are taking a top down investment approach, partnering with the business to gain insight and take action to address the core capabilities that improve business performance.
- A dynamic Enterprise Portfolio Model shows how IT assets and services automate key business capabilities / processes
- Derive metrics to evaluate the importance, performance and cost of capabilities and establish investment allocation
- Analyze supporting IT asset and service portfolios, record lifecycle decisions and propose initiatives to drive performance improvements
- Build multi-year transformation roadmaps to provide visibility across proposed initiatives and projects
Consolidate, Analyze and Select Project Portfolios
With project requests exceeding capacity, there’s constant pressure to improve portfolio selection and optimize scarce resources. Powerful demand management and analytics deliver complete visibility across all program and project requests, streamlining capital planning and aligning funding decisions with strategic priorities.
- Standardize governance controls and templates to consolidate and gain visibility across project requests
- Build reliable cost and benefit estimates to accurately gauge financial contribution
- Derive key metrics (Strategic Yield, Risk, NPV etc.) to effectively compare investments and improve portfolio selection
- Streamline organizational budgeting and maintain an auditable record of all funding approvals and budgets
Track Project Performance & Rebalance Portfolio To Maximize ROI
Status reporting can be a logistical nightmare, causing the PMO to spend too much time manually reconciling data and building reports. Through automation, organizations gain the insights needed to proactively gauge the economic impact of underperforming projects and take action to reallocate funds to maximize ROI.
- Standardize performance metrics and automate reporting to track project and program health
- Integrate with ERP systems to import actual costs, capture forecasts and derive variance metrics
- Utilize Strategic Yield metric to assess investment viability and identify poor performing projects and programs
- Take action to reallocate funds and rebalance to optimize spend and maximize ROI
Establish a Benefits Realization Framework to Track Results
Too often, a project’s business case is only used to secure funding and selection. A robust benefits realization framework enables organizations to measure results, take the appropriate action, capture lessons learned and drive accountability and process improvement.
- Track benefits by asset, project and program
- Measure results and drive accountability
- Quickly identify investments that fail to meet revenue, cost reduction and avoidance targets
Cross Portfolio Integration Enhances Communication & Control
IT projects don’t exist in a vacuum – they are vehicles of transformation to onboard, enhance or even retire assets. Integrating projects, IT assets and the business capabilities they support improves communication by providing IT Portfolio Managers with a roadmap of all proposed initiatives.
- Map project requests against associated applications and business capabilities to identify duplication
- Dynamically aggregate project financials with associated applications and programs to accurately gauge cost of ownership
- Quickly communicate the cross portfolio impact of project delays or failures
- Identify concurrent changes to critical systems and gauge potential impact and risk