Scenario Planning Software
UMT360’s What-If Analysis tool makes it easy to quickly model the impact of any scenario change to your portfolio!
Generating a meaningful what-if analysis using traditional manual processes can take days, or even weeks! You need a scenario planning tool to help you quickly and easily respond to any possible question about your portfolio, proactively triage today’s problems or even model and predict possible future problems.
UMT360 What-If Scenario Analysis Accelerator Key Features
UMT360’s What-If Scenario Analysis Accelerator makes it easy to conduct what-if scenario planning – in just a fraction of the time – and forecast the impact of any proposed change to your project and program portfolios across costs, resources, benefits, value, timeline and more.
Intuitive wizard helps you easily set up What-If Analysis scenarios
Easy-to-use wizard enables you to quickly define and share a variety of what-if scenario plans across the organization.
- Intuitive wizard lets you tailor and define the specific scenarios you want to analyze
- Select the right portfolios (e.g. projects, epics etc.) to be included in your what-if analysis
- Easily define scenario analysis across any timeframe (monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.)
- Create and compare a variety of planning and what-if scenarios without impacting your underlying portfolio data
- Easily share and collaborate on scenarios with peers across the enterprise
- Automatically derive baseline metrics like Resource and Budget Utilization, Payback, Strategic Yield, ROI, and use them to gauge the overall impact of what-if scenarios
An interactive experience using roadmaps to visualize scenarios
Leverage powerful, interactive roadmapping tools designed specifically to help you model the effect of any portfolio change and quickly sort through any number of projects.
- Add, drop or reschedule projects and instantly see impact on resources, cost and benefit data
- Create near-term and multi-year roadmaps and zoom in or out to desired timeframe
- Easily organize and prioritize projects the way you want within your portfolio
- Visualize key milestones and enforce dependencies when making changes across your portfolio
- Intuitively filter out data to focus only on the information relevant to the task at hand
Run Resource Capacity Planning What-If Analysis
Powerful resource and capacity management tools deliver the insight you need to better manage your most important assets.
- Intuitive heat-maps allow you to quickly visualize and assess resource availability and conflicts.
- Drag and drop projects to visualize the entire portfolio schedule and maximize resource utilization.
- Run what-if analysis at summary level (e.g. role, team, location etc.) or drill down to the named resource level.
- Intuitive contextual filtering helps you quickly drill-in on the projects and resources contributing to over- and under-allocation.
Optimize financial costs across the portfolio
UMT360 provides the capabilities required to help visualize and manage all project and portfolio cost information in one place.
- Establish, modify and visualize top-down budget constraints
- Effectively support multi-year budgeting planning by rescheduling projects based on budget constraints while maximizing portfolio value
- Easily model cost reduction scenarios and analyze their effect on a portfolio
- Immediately assess budget utilization consequences of adding, dropping or rescheduling projects
- Assess potential impact of any decision on forecasted Capex and Opex spend
Conduct target analysis to maximize benefits and outcomes
Powerful portfolio management capabilities enable organizations to more effectively gain visibility across all projected benefits.
- More effectively establish benefit targets for each portfolio
- Quickly identify portfolios that will meet or exceed the required benefit targets
- Easily add, drop or reschedule projects using what-if scenarios to assess the impact on benefit targets
- Run analysis to optimize portfolio payback timelines
Quick and easy integration with a variety of project management tools
Get up and running quickly and integrate roadmaps with both traditional PPM project management and Agile work management tools.
- Get started quickly by importing projects, epics and more, along with associated data from Excel
- Utilize out-of-the-box connectors to easily sync projects and milestones from Microsoft Project, Jira, Azure Boards and other platforms
- Powerful connectors provide real-time integration with project execution tools to ensure your roadmaps are always up-to-date
How would you like to start?
Interested in seeing the exciting features of this software in action? Complete this form and submit now to watch a recorded session of a live UMT360 solution demonstration. And if you’d like an even richer experience, request your own customized demo or Free Trial by clicking on the appropriate link above.
Want to see how this software can address your organization’s specific needs? Complete this form and submit now to schedule a customized demo of this UMT360 solution, and learn how it can deliver the specific capabilities you need, quickly and easily. In a hurry? Click the link above to watch the video now.
Interested in trying UMT360 software before you make a decision to buy? Complete this form and submit now, and a product expert can get you set up with your very own trial environment. See how quickly and easily you can get up and running and experience all the capabilities of our powerful software for yourself. Or if you prefer, request a customized demo.
Not sure which capabilities you currently have and which ones you still need? Complete this form and submit now to request an expert assessment of your capabilities. We’ll help you determine what’s missing, what your next steps are, and also give you more info on a customized demo or free trial.
Get the strategic project portfolio management capabilities you need, quickly and easily
Every UMT360 Strategy Execution Accelerator is designed to be implemented quickly with a minimum amount of consulting or configuration. Leveraging best practices garnered from years of successful client engagements, these powerful Accelerators provide precisely the capabilities you need, without weeks or months of configuration.
This Strategy Accelerator adds the powerful roadmapping capabilities you need to create, maintain and share beautiful Roadmaps and Boards in minutes.
Add this Strategy Accelerator to quickly and easily master resource management and capacity planning to maximize resource utilization.
Generating what-if scenarios and modeling potential outcomes based on ad-hoc questions used to require teams to stay late and manually crunch numbers. But what if you had the tools to respond to any possible question about any portfolio with just a few clicks?
Capture disruptive and innovative ideas from anywhere within the organization to help ensure that the next great idea doesn’t fall through the cracks. Move away from disparate sources of business case information like Excel, Word and Powerpoint to better govern and standardize all demand and improve decision making.
Establish and define the right financial & non-financial metrics for each strategy and set targets to ensure that outcomes can be measured. Quickly decompose strategy into the right initiatives needed to drive transformation, and assess portfolio sufficiency to ensure that outcome targets can be met or exceeded
Corporate capital planning software provides a top-down view of all projected costs to support both traditional annual planning and dynamic/continuous planning. Consolidate and streamline the standardized capture of cost estimates across a wide variety of dimensions.
Part of UMT360’s comprehensive strategic portfolio management platform
Need a specific Portfolio Management Accelerator right now? Let’s get started! Each one delivers powerful stand-alone capabilities that you can have up and running in just a few days. And since they all complement each other, it’s easy to add additional capabilities – in any order you’d like – whenever you’re ready. Best of all, each is part of UMT360’s comprehensive Strategic Portfolio Management Platform. Which means that with every Accelerator you add, you’re that much closer to having all the capabilities you need to align all investments with strategy and ultimately accelerate digital transformation.
The Importance of a Comprehensive What-If Scenario Planning Software Solution
Strategic Portfolio Management can help you provide the what-if scenario and portfolio analysis capabilities that are essential to forecast and model the impact of any proposed change to your project and program portfolios.
Regardless of your industry, whether you’re an executive; an enterprise or departmental PMO; a portfolio, program or product manager; or anyone in between – the ability to develop the right recommendations with insight into the implications, dependencies and limitations of any decision is crucial. Understand more about this critical capability by reading our guide to Strategic Scenario Planning (What-If Analysis).
Learn Why Strategic Portfolio Management is Critical to Enterprise Success
Any enterprise looking to drive growth and fuel a competitive advantage must first connect and align all execution with strategy. UMT360’s solution provides all the portfolio planning capabilities needed to establish both the top-down business planning and bottom-up controls required to integrate all portfolios and improve project execution to accelerate business transformation.