Cost Management & Capital Planning Software
To drive business agility, every dollar invested must be continuously aligned with business strategy.
Stand-alone PPM and work management tools typically relegate cost data to second-class citizen status – making it difficult for PMOs to gain visibility and optimize spend.
UMT360 Cost Management Accelerator Key Features
UMT360’s Cost Management and Capital Planning Accelerator elevates cost data to the same level of importance as schedule and resource data, enabling PMOs to deploy the right financial governance controls needed to become CFO of portfolios.
Provides a top-down view of all projected costs to support both traditional annual planning and dynamic/continuous planning.
- Establish hierarchical enterprise portfolio model in order to support top-down budgeting at any level (products, value streams, programs, initiatives, portfolios)
- Supports ability to allocate and govern funds by value stream
- Dynamically aggregate financial information from underlying execution (projects or epics) and compare/contrast
- Supports annual planning model and/or dynamic/continuous planning model through block/incremental funding
Capturing Cost Estimates
Consolidate and streamline the standardized capture of cost estimates across a wide variety of dimensions.
- Capture demand & associated time-phased cost estimates directly from business cases
- Break down costs by configurable categories like labor or non-labor, and by allocation centers or funding sources
- Progressively elaborates the presentation of project financial data to provide more detail as initiatives progress
- Establish the appropriate approval controls
- Integrated snap shots help you maintain auditable records of all changes
- Establish framework to plan for and manage contingencies
Tracking & Forecasting
Standardizes and streamlines the process of financial reconciliation.
- Automatically capture actual costs from ERP systems, and compare/contrast
- Reforecast remainder of budget mid-stream to provide clear idea of completion
- Gain real time visibility into variance between budgets and actuals
- Take Snapshots across the portfolio at any time to support monthly status reporting or quarterly forecasting
- Dynamically roll-up actuals and forecasts within your portfolio hierarchy
- Report on commitments and track performance of individual POs
Continuous Planning & Reallocation
Provides ability for all investment owners to forecast cost and maintain multi-year roadmap, supporting the dynamic needs of a continuous planning approach.
- Assess all investments, see overall performance of portfolio, and identify opportunities to adjust
- Automate change management process to govern incremental funding requests and releases
- Maintain auditable record of each specific decision and the resulting changes
- Maintain a multi-year strategic roadmap while still providing enterprise finance team with the updated annual view they require
Align & Analyze Fiscal planning
Quickly and easily conduct what-if scenario planning – in just a fraction of the time – and show the impact of any proposed change to your project and program portfolio costs.
- Scenario Planning capabilities enable you to quickly create and analyze portfolio plans
- Interactive roadmaps help you model the effect of any portfolio change
- Visualize and manage all project and portfolio cost information in one place.
- Maximize benefits and conduct target analysis
Provide the right level of governance to all stakeholders to provide an auditable trail of cost information across the lifecycle of your portfolio.
- Standardize hierarchical cost structure and dimensions
- Determine what information is required at each stage of lifecycle
- Integrated snapshots enable auditable record at any stage of progress
- Automate funding approvals
- Supports multi-currency capabilities
See UMT360 Cost Management Accelerator In Action!
Create a model of your organization’s capital expenses
Reserve your software demo to see how UMT360’s Cost Management and Capital Planning Accelerator elevates cost data to the same level of importance as schedule and resource data. Learn how deploying the right financial governance controls can help your PMO become the CFO of your portfolios.
What you’ll see during this Cost Management Accelerator Demo:
- Capabilities to help you move from a project-based to product-based / bulk-funding model
- Capture comprehensive budgets in a business case
- Streamline cost tracking and forecasting
- Run multi-year fiscal planning scenario analysis
- Maintain near-term and multi-year strategic roadmaps
Book an Interactive Demo
Learn Why Strategic Portfolio Management is Critical to Enterprise Success
Any enterprise looking to drive growth and fuel a competitive advantage must first connect and align all execution with strategy. UMT360’s solution provides all the portfolio planning capabilities needed to establish both the top-down business planning and bottom-up controls required to integrate all portfolios and improve project execution to accelerate business transformation.
Get the project portfolio management capabilities you need, quickly and easily
Every UMT360 Strategy Execution Accelerator is designed to be implemented quickly with a minimum amount of consulting or configuration. Leveraging best practices garnered from years of successful client engagements, these powerful Accelerators provide precisely the capabilities you need, without weeks or months of configuration.
Roadmapping & Release Management
Roadmaps are powerful tools to help ensure that all investment decisions are clearly understood across the organization. By visualizing and communicating key dependencies enterprise-wide, roadmaps serve to help harmonize decisions and track progress across all investments.
Resource Management & Capacity Planning
Resources must now be managed across agile, waterfall or even non-project-orientated work systems. Gaining visibility across all resources – and optimizing utilization and capacity planning – is a critical challenge for any organization hoping to fully realize its business strategy.
Strategic Portfolio Analysis
Generating what-if scenarios and modeling potential outcomes based on ad-hoc questions used to require teams to stay late and manually crunch numbers. But what if you had the tools to respond to any possible question about any portfolio with just a few clicks?
Demand & Innovation Management
You never know where project requests might come from. But one thing is clear, to do more than simply choose the best from a bad list of ideas, you’ll need a robust demand management solution to provide enhanced visibility across all work
Strategic Planning & Outcome Management
UMT360’s strategic portfolio management solution provides a centralized hub that makes it easy to break down strategy, define its components, map it to the associated execution and communicate it to all relevant stakeholders across the enterprise. Quickly derive all execution directly from the strategy, and generate work that is perfectly aligned with strategy.
Business agility requires that all investment be continuously aligned with business strategy. That’s why UMT360 helps organizations elevate cost data to the same level of importance as schedule and resource data, enabling PMOs to deploy the right financial governance controls needed to become CFO of portfolios.
Quick and easy integration with a variety of project management tools
Get up and running quickly and integrate roadmaps with both traditional PPM project management and Agile work management tools.
- Get started quickly by importing projects, epics and more, along with associated data from Excel
- Utilize out-of-the-box connectors to easily sync projects and milestones from Microsoft Project, Jira, Azure Boards and other platforms
- Powerful connectors provide real-time integration with project execution tools to ensure your roadmaps are always up-to-date
Part of UMT360’s comprehensive strategic portfolio management platform
Need a specific Portfolio Management Accelerator right now? Let’s get started! Each one delivers powerful stand-alone capabilities that you can have up and running in just a few days. And since they all complement each other, it’s easy to add additional capabilities – in any order you’d like – whenever you’re ready. Best of all, each is part of UMT360’s comprehensive Strategic Portfolio Management Platform. Which means that with every Accelerator you add, you’re that much closer to having all the capabilities you need to align all investments with strategy and ultimately accelerate digital transformation.