Enterprise Capital Planning Software
UMT360’s Capital Planning Software makes sure every dollar invested is continuously aligned with business strategy.
Stand-alone PPM and work management tools typically relegate cost data to second-class citizen status – making it difficult for PMOs to gain visibility and optimize spend.
Corporate capital planning software provides a top-down view of all projected costs to support both traditional annual planning and dynamic/continuous planning.
- Establish hierarchical enterprise portfolio model in order to support top-down budgeting at any level (products, value streams, programs, initiatives, portfolios)
- Supports ability to allocate and govern funds by value stream
- Dynamically aggregate financial information from underlying execution (projects or epics) and compare/contrast
- Supports annual planning model and/or dynamic/continuous planning model through block/incremental funding
Capturing Cost Estimates
Consolidate and streamline the standardized capture of cost estimates across a wide variety of dimensions.
- Demand management tools help capture & associate time-phased cost estimates directly from business cases
- Break down costs by configurable categories like labor or non-labor, and by allocation centers or funding sources
- Progressively elaborates the presentation of project financial data to provide more detail as initiatives progress
- Establish the appropriate approval controls
- Integrated snap shots help you maintain auditable records of all changes
- Establish framework to plan for and manage contingencies
Enterprise Budget Tracking & Forecasting
Standardizes and streamlines the process of financial reconciliation.
- Automatically capture actual costs from ERP systems, and compare/contrast
- Reforecast remainder of budget mid-stream to provide clear idea of completion
- Gain real time visibility into variance between budgets and actuals
- Take Snapshots across the portfolio at any time to support monthly status reporting or quarterly forecasting
- Dynamically roll-up actuals and forecasts within your portfolio hierarchy
- Report on commitments and track performance of individual POs
Continuous Capital Planning & Reallocation
Provides ability for all investment owners to forecast cost and maintain multi-year roadmap, supporting the dynamic needs of a continuous planning approach.
- Assess all investments, see overall performance of portfolio, and identify opportunities to adjust
- Automate change management process to govern incremental funding requests and releases
- Maintain auditable record of each specific decision and the resulting changes
- Maintain a multi-year strategic roadmap while still providing enterprise finance team with the updated annual view they require
Align & Analyze Enterprise Fiscal Planning
Quickly and easily run what-if scenarios – in just a fraction of the time – and show the impact of any proposed change to your project and program portfolio costs.
- Scenario Planning capabilities enable you to quickly create and analyze portfolio plans
- Interactive roadmapping software helps you model the effect of any portfolio change
- Visualize and manage all project and portfolio cost information in one place.
- Maximize benefits and conduct target analysis
Fine-Tune Governance Controls
Provide the right level of governance to all stakeholders to provide an auditable trail of cost information across the lifecycle of your portfolio.
- Standardize hierarchical cost structure and dimensions
- Determine what information is required at each stage of lifecycle
- Integrated snapshots enable auditable record at any stage of progress
- Automate funding approvals
- Supports multi-currency capabilities
Dynamic Analysis/What-If Scenario Modeling
Conduct what-if scenarios – in just a fraction of the time – to show the impact of any proposed change to your project and program portfolios across costs, resources, benefits, value, timeline and more. Quickly and easily respond to any possible question about your portfolio, proactively triage today’s problems or even model and predict possible future problems.
See UMT360 Cost Management Software in Action
Watch a recorded session of a live UMT360 solution demonstration to see the software in action. And if you’d like an even richer experience, request your own customized demo or Free Trial.
How would you like to start?
Request your free assessment
Not sure which capabilities you currently have and which ones you still need? Complete this form and submit now to request an expert assessment of your capabilities. We’ll help you determine what’s missing, what your next steps are, and also give you more info on a customized demo or free trial.
Want to see how this software can address your organization’s specific needs? Complete this form and submit now to schedule a customized demo of this UMT360 solution, and learn how it can deliver the specific capabilities you need, quickly and easily. In a hurry? Click the link above to watch the video now.
Try it Now
Interested in trying UMT360 software before you make a decision to buy? Complete this form and submit now, and a product expert can get you set up with your very own trial environment. See how quickly and easily you can get up and running and experience all the capabilities of our powerful software for yourself. Or if you prefer, request a customized demo.
Quick & Easy Integrations
UMT360 portfolio management solutions tightly integrate with a wide variety of work management ERP, and other critical systems within your enterprise.
Get the strategic project portfolio management capabilities you need, quickly and easily
Every UMT360 Accelerator is designed to be implemented quickly with a minimum amount of consulting or configuration. Leveraging best practices garnered from years of successful client engagements, these powerful Accelerators provide precisely the capabilities you need, without weeks or months of configuration.
This Strategy Accelerator adds the powerful roadmapping capabilities you need to create, maintain and share beautiful Roadmaps and Boards in minutes.
Resource Management & Capacity Planning
Add this Strategy Accelerator to quickly and easily master resource management and capacity planning to maximize resource utilization.
What-If Scenario Planning & Analysis
Generating what-if scenarios and modeling potential outcomes based on ad-hoc questions used to require teams to stay late and manually crunch numbers. But what if you had the tools to respond to any possible question about any portfolio with just a few clicks?
Capture disruptive and innovative ideas from anywhere within the organization to help ensure that the next great idea doesn’t fall through the cracks. Move away from disparate sources of business case information like Excel, Word and Powerpoint to better govern and standardize all demand and improve decision making.
Benefits Realization & Outcome Management
Establish and define the right financial & non-financial metrics for each strategy and set targets to ensure that outcomes can be measured. Quickly decompose strategy into the right initiatives needed to drive transformation, and assess portfolio sufficiency to ensure that outcome targets can be met or exceeded
Cost Management & Capital Planning
Corporate capital planning software provides a top-down view of all projected costs to support both traditional annual planning and dynamic/continuous planning. Consolidate and streamline the standardized capture of cost estimates across a wide variety of dimensions.
Application Portfolio Rationalization
Application Portfolio Rationalization is critical component to help you assess and streamline your software environment to improve efficiency, reduce risks and create a foundation for future evolution.
Explore Enterprise Solutions
Strategy Execution Management
Addresses the key challenge of gaining visibility and instituting the proper controls across all work. with the right top-down business planning and controls is it possible to align all work with strategy.
New Product Development
NPD requires all areas of the business to collaborate effectively. This only happens when the right people can make the right decisions based on the right information at every stage of the process.
Lean Portfolio Management
Enables organizations to adopt the rolling wave continuous planning approaches that provide the agility needed to more effectively align all work with key strategies.
Business Capability Planning
Business Capability Planning is an integrated, end-to-end solution that helps you effectively and efficiently deliver critical business functionality at the heart of how your business operates.
Application Portfolio Management
APM enables today’s technology and business leaders to ensure the right technology assets are in place, that they are optimally aligned with the needs of the business, and that they are being invested in to support the organization’s strategic objectives.
Provides the models, visualizations and linkages to other architecture disciplines you need to quickly gain valuable insights across your organization from a variety of business-centric perspectives.
Business outcome-driven Enterprise Architecture extends traditional architecture practices to allow leaders to focus on activities and strategies that align to specific business requirements and strategies.
E&C Portfolio Management
UMT360’s engineering and construction portfolio management solution enables Owners & EPCs to align capital / construction and engineering projects with strategic priorities. Easily integrates with Procore and leading construction management platforms.
Part of UMT360’s comprehensive strategic portfolio management platform
Need a specific Portfolio Management Accelerator right now? Let’s get started! Each one delivers powerful stand-alone capabilities that you can have up and running in just a few days. And since they all complement each other, it’s easy to add additional capabilities – in any order you’d like – whenever you’re ready. Best of all, each is part of UMT360’s comprehensive Strategic Portfolio Management Platform. Which means that with every Accelerator you add, you’re that much closer to having all the capabilities you need to align all investments with strategy and ultimately accelerate digital transformation.
The Importance of a Comprehensive Capital Planning Software Solution
Strategic Portfolio Management can help PMOs become the CFO of Project & Program Portfolios in order to optimize cost and maximize value.
Progressive PMOs and EPMOs are moving away from a strictly execution-oriented mindset toward one focused on orchestrating business transformation. In addition to managing execution, they also need to treat all projects and programs as the strategic business investments they are, and take responsibility for maximizing value and optimizing project and program spend. Learn more in our guide to setting up a PMO.
Ready to Unleash Your Business Agility?
Business agility is impossible without strategic portfolio management, and strategic portfolio management is what UMT360 does. In fact, we wrote the eBook on it. And it’s something we can help you deliver – with culture, focus, process, education and yes, a little bit of integrated software. So, let’s get started!