UMT360 Resource Manager App for Microsoft
Cost Manager App makes it easy to integrate costs across the PPM lifecycle
Leveraging UMT360’s powerful financial engine, the Cost Manager App for Microsoft PPM enables your organization to seamlessly integrate cost data directly into the PPM process. Go beyond custom fields and Excel to more effectively manage cost data across the project and program lifecycle.
Quickly and easily manage resources
Stakeholders can gain easy access to all the information they need from the Microsoft PPM platform to make more timely and better decisions.
- Standardize enterprise resource pool and associated resource attributes, including type, skill, location and more
- Assign resources to a single team or multiple teams
- Quickly find the resources you need by Role, Location, Department and more using attribute-based Advanced Search
- Quickly and easily assess time-phased availability when finding the right resources for your project
- Manage forecasts directly within your resource plan or leverage real-time synchronization with your Microsoft schedule
Easily capture and consolidate resource demand & forecasts
Consolidate all your resource data in one place, within your Microsoft PPM platform, to better understand resource requirements across the organization.
- Quickly capture resource assignments using an intuitive, web-based resource plan from directly within the Microsoft interface
- Capture demand, forecast and actual work using a variety of work units such as FTE, Days and Hours
- Easily and quickly access and update your resource plans for all projects in a single view (My Resource Plans)
- Manage your project resourcing needs using any combination of Teams, Roles and Individuals
- Capture time-phased resource assignment values across flexible timeframes and granularities
Support unique needs of Agile teams
Quickly gain visibility and control across resource demand and assignments for all Agile teams.
- Easily define and manage teams to support Agile resource management
- Take complete control over the membership of each team by assigning one or more resources to one or more teams
- Automatically derive overall team capacity based on time-phased capacity of all team members
- Maintain historical data integrity regardless of shifts that occur over time in the structure or composition of a team
- Manage hybrid projects with both team allocations as well as individual resources in the same Resource Plan
Enables Resource Managers to more effectively manage their teams
Provides complete, real-time visibility into all dimensions of capacity and demand.
- Intuitive portal (My Resources) provides clear visibility into all current and future work for your team
- Easily find available people for new resource requests, using any number of matching criteria (Role, Skill, Department, Location, Availability and more), and commit resources as needed
- Quickly identify resource over/under allocations using out-of-the-box Heatmap views
- Easily compare commitments against forecasts, and continuously adjust or reallocate resources in response to variances
Derive Financials Using Secure Resource Rates
Global resource rate can be securely managed within UMT360 and will automatically update corresponding financials (budget, actuals, forecast) from resource plan.
- Makes it easy to manage resource rates globally and securely control access to all resource rate information.
- Establish default mappings for each resource to financial structures (cost nodes and allocation centers) and easily over-ride as needed.
- Automatically derive financial views based on UMT360 resource plan data (for more info, see Cost Manager).
Leverage powerful resource management capabilities to easily estimate, track and forecast capitalized work.
- Easily flag assignments to be capitalized in the UMT360 resource plan for generic and named resources.
- Integrate with the Microsoft PPM schedule to track capitalized work.
- Forecast remaining capitalized work for each resource by project or at the portfolio level.
Best Practice Dashboards and Self-Serve Reporting
Includes powerful reporting capabilities designed to scale according your specific needs.
- Take advantage of pre-packaged content pack reports and dashboards
- Empower you users to build ad-hoc reports using their BI tool of choice (Power BI, Tableau, Excel and more)
- Create custom enterprise-ready dashboards and reports that fit the specific needs of your business
Quick and easy integration with Microsoft’s PPM platform
Specifically designed to plug and play with Project Online/Server, get up and running quickly and integrate with both Microsoft’s PPM platform and Agile work management tools.
- Auto-sync resource data with enterprise resource pool
- Integrate enhanced resource management plan and enjoy bulk-edit views
- Leverages bi-directional integration with Microsoft schedule
Enhance your Microsoft platform with the capabilities you need
Every UMT360 App for Microsoft is designed to be implemented quickly with a minimum amount of consulting or configuration. Leveraging best practices garnered from years of successful client engagements, these powerful Apps add the precise capabilities you need, right on top of your current Microsoft investment, without weeks or months of configuration.
All part of a comprehensive strategy execution platform
Need a specific App right now? Let’s get started! Each one adds powerful capabilities to your Microsoft PPM platform that you can have up and running in just a few days. And since they all complement each other, it’s easy to add additional capabilities – in any order you’d like – whenever you’re ready. Best of all, each is part of UMT360’s comprehensive Strategy Execution Platform. Which means that with every App you add, you’re that much closer to having all the capabilities you need to align all investments with strategy and ultimately accelerate digital transformation.