UMT360 Cost Manager App for Microsoft
Cost Manager App makes it easy to integrate costs across the PPM lifecycle
Leveraging UMT360’s powerful financial engine, the Cost Manager App for Microsoft PPM enables your organization to seamlessly integrate cost data directly into the PPM process. Go beyond custom fields and Excel to more effectively manage cost data across the project and program lifecycle.
Easily establish the governance controls needed to make cost data a first class citizen alongside resource and schedule data within your Microsoft PPM platform.
- Define and standardize hierarchical cost structures across all projects and programs.
- Standardize financial dimensions (e.g budget, actuals and forecasts) to track cost performance across the PPM lifecycle.
- Easily integrate cost controls (e.g. cost time and detail granularities, automatic snapshots etc.) at each stage in the governance workflow.
- Establish cost templates and associate with Microsoft PPM Enterprise Project Types (EPTs).
Top down budgeting
Unify both top down and bottom up budgeting and tracking with powerful features that enable you to:
- Establish and lock top down budgets at varying levels in the portfolio hierarchy (e.g. portfolio, department, program and project etc.).
- Automatically aggregate project costs and compare and contrast with budgets at varying levels in the portfolio hierarchy.
- Utilize change requests to track the reallocation of funds.
Funding Allocations & Chargebacks
Easily define and manage allocation centers to support funding allocations and chargebacks:
- Easily administer allocation groups and active and inactive allocation centers.
- Flexibility to breakdown costs on a percentage or absolute allocation to support cross business funding.
- Aggregate costs from Microsoft PPM schedule and ERP systems by allocation center.
- Track costs by allocation center to support charge back reporting.
Versatile multi-currency feature makes it easy to manage projects across the globe in varying currencies
- Easily define enterprise and additional currencies and manage time phased exchange rates.
- Set default currency for each initiative (e.g. project and program) and view financial data in any currency.
- Flexibility to enable financial breakdowns to manage one project in multiple currencies.
- Automatically aggregate and report on financial performance in the enterprise currency.
Cost Tracking & Variance
Powerful features helps streamline financial status reporting and reconciliation, making it easy to:
- Simply administer (e.g. open, lock and archive) monthly financial status reporting process across all in-flight initiatives (e.g. projects and programs).
- Automatically import actual committed costs from ERP system into UMT360 cost actuals web-part (requires UMT360 Data Exchange App).
- Easily update actual costs or add accruals for each status reporting period and compare against estimates.
- Update cost to complete in UMT360 cost forecast web-part and derive variance metrics.
- Submit and archive monthly financial status report to support trending analysis.
Powerful UMT360 Snapshots feature makes it easy to keep auditable records of budget, actual and forecast costs, enabling you to:
- Automatically trigger a Snapshot to be taken for any project or program at any stage in the governance workflow.
- Take Snapshots across the portfolio at any time (e.g. to support monthly status reporting or quarterly forecasting).
- Easily report on cost data included in UMT360 Snapshots.
UMT360 makes it easy to manage incremental funding requests and releases, helping your organization:
- Establish change request templates to govern incremental funding requests and releases.
- Easily raise change requests and route for approval.
- See all requests for each project and program in a Change Request log.
- On approval, automatically update a projects and programs approved budget and track changes.
Reports & Dashboards
UMT360 makes it easy to include cost data in reports and dashboards built using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Excel Services, SQL Reporting Services Power BI etc.) along with a variety of third-party BI solutions, including Tableau, Qlik and more.