Cumulative Update 2 for Project Financial Server 2010 provides the following enhancements in response to customer and partner feedback:
Setup, installation, provisioning
- The install / uninstall action checks if Project Financial Server 2010 dlls are locked by processes. If DLLs are blocked by Project Financial Server processes, an application recycle is performed. Otherwise users will see the list of third party application(s) locking UMT Project Financial Server 2010 DLLs. If setup continues without stopping those applications a reboot is required
- The upgrade code is now executed automatically by SharePoint Configuration Wizard after a Project Financial Server 2010 Patch (CU) / UMT Project Financial Server 2010 Major Upgrade is applied. Editing the Project Financial Server Extension for upgrading DBs is no longer required after a Patch or Major Upgrade is applied
- Updated patch install steps:
- Run UMTProjectFinancialServerPatch.exe
- Run SharePoint Configuration Wizard
Project without workflow
- Pseudo-workflow stage transition no longer fails when the PDPs assigned to the Enterprise Project Type contain web parts derived from System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart
- All Project Financial Server web parts default to Edit mode. This addresses a confusing behavior introduced by SP1 where the Timeline web part was to View mode automatically and was not editable out of the box
- All web parts wait for the Project Server Queue to unlock the current project (ProjectHasWriteLock error is no longer shown)
Cost and Benefits Timeline
- There are 2 new methods in the public Project Financial Server 2010 API – Project Phases service:
- UpdateInstanceCostTimeline(Guid projectUid, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate, UMT.CostModule.Library.Data.TranslationType valuesTranslationType) – Updates the cost start and end date for the project with the given UID with the given values. Cost values will be redistributed based on the given translation type
- UpdateInstanceBenefitsTimeline(Guid projectUid, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate, UMT.CostModule.Library.Data.TranslationType valuesTranslationType) – Updates the benefits start and end date for the project with the given UID with the given values. Benefit values will be redistributed based on the given translation type
- The restriction of explicitly avoiding non-working days for the cost and benefits start and end dates is removed. Non-working days are not taken into consideration in calculations.
- When updating the cost and benefits start and end dates using the public UMT Project Financial Server 2010 API – ProjectPhases service, cost and benefits start and end dates are automatically normalized.
SQL database connections
- All SQL database connection leaks are fixed (connections are disposed when they are not used anymore)
Performance improvements to Resources Event Handlers
- When a resource is deactivated or permissions are removed we the workflow approval tasks are no longer deleted. Those tasks can be approved or rejected by the administrator or another resource with appropriate privileges. This addresses a potential performance issue on Add/Modify Users.
Internet Explorer 9 compatibility
- Cost center filter is now working properly with IE9
- More info is added in log for every method from cmWeb service.
- Ability to delete multiple cubes from OLAP Database Custom Field Configuration page
Click here to download UMT Project Financial Server 2010 Cumulative Update 2
If you have any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMT Project Financial Server Team