An out-of-band hotfix that addresses issues with the in-place upgrade of UMT Project Essentials 2010 to UMT Project Essentials 2012 has been released on the UMT Customer and Partner Portals.
Scenarios addresses by the hotfix:
- Projects in execution with no timeline defined for Benefits
- If a 2010 instance being upgraded to 2012 includes projects in Execution that have a Benefit Template attached, but without a Benefit Timeline defined, the upgrade will fail
- Projects using an Enterprise Project Type (EPT) for which the Project Essentials options are not properly configured
- If a 2010 instance being upgraded to 2012 includes projects that initially had an EPT with Cost and Benefit Templates defined that has the Cost Template unassigned and the financial settings not configured, the upgrade will fail
- Install UMT Project Essentials 2012, without running SharePoint Products and Configuration Wizard
- Install the out-of-band Hotfix A
- Run SharePoint Products and Configuration Wizard
If Steps 1 and 3 have already been executed, applying the hotfix and re-running SharePoint Products and Configuration Wizard will resolve the issue as well.
Visit the version history page for version details.