Project for the web marks the next chapter for Microsoft Project, providing a distinctive modern web interface and user experience for managing work of any size. In this post, we’ll explore how you can quickly add the robust portfolio management capabilities needed to help you accelerate business transformation.
In addition to an elegant and easy-to-use interface for managing a project plan, Project for the Web comes with an out-of-the-box app called Project built on the Power Platform. This enables organizations to extend Project for the Web through simple configuration, so you can add the ability to manage Risks and Issues or manage Programs or many other capabilities.
This extensibility is particularly useful when additional core or advanced capabilities are needed in order to leverage Project for the Web as a true Portfolio Management solution. UMT360’s solution seamlessly integrates with Project for the Web to help you go beyond simply managing work, enabling you to more effectively accelerate transformation across the enterprise. Some of the more robust capabilities that UMT360 can provide on top of Project for the Web include:
Portfolio Roadmapping & Release Management
Resource Utilization & Capacity Planning
What-if Strategic Portfolio Analysis
Budgeting, Forecasting & Tracking Cost
Demand Management & Governance Controls
Value Management & Realization
It’s easy to connect UMT360 and Project for the Web and have it up-and-running with additional capabilities in very little time. UMT360 provides a configurable bi-directional integration between Project for the Web and UMT360 Online that involves the following key information points:
- Bi-directional project synchronization – automatically create Projects in UMT360 and have them seamlessly created in Project for the Web, and vice-versa
- Bi-directional project fields /meta-data synchronization – synchronize key fields / descriptive metadata between Project for the Web and UMT360
- Schedule Dates – synchronize start and end dates for projects between Project for the Web and UMT360 to light up powerful roadmaps and create what-if analysis portfolio plans
- Milestones – synchronize milestones from the project plan managed in Project for the Web with UMT360 and use them to manage milestone-level project interdependencies (gives/gets); visualize these dependencies in Roadmaps and enforce them while making decisions to transform your project portfolio
- Resource Assignments and Work – Aggregate resource assignments along with Work and Actual Work information from project plans in UMT360 Resource Plans. Leverage UMT360 to get a holistic view of all the work being managed in Project for the Web for Resource Capacity Planning, and even enable the creation of What-If Scenario Planning and Analysis.
You can also connect UMT360’s portfolio management capabilities with work managed not just in Project for the Web, but also in Project Online and Azure Boards, which enables each user to manage work in their tool of choice.
If you want to learn more about out how UMT360 can help you align execution with strategy while integrating with all of Microsoft’s Work Management and productivity solutions, contact us or leave a comment below.